Stolen iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dragon2600, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Dragon2600 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Can any one help I have had an iPad stolen. Now I have given up on getting it back and I have changed my iTunes password but I wanted to know if there was anyway of removing the iPad from my account? Thanks in advance

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Report it stolen to the police. Unless you have Find my iPad activated you probably aren't getting it back.

3. Dragon2600 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I know I'm not getting it back that is not the problem I want the iPad to be removed from my account.

4. TheHirstyUK macrumors newbie

TheHirstyUK

The person who stole your iPad shouldn't be able to use your account unless they know your password. If they try to buy an app, it will be prompted for a password. I'm sure the stealer would have restored the device anyway to get rid of any proof that it used to be yours.

5. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

In iTunes you can deactivate all devices on your account ... Don't recall the menu but it's account or help? Anyway you can re-allow or activate devices you own again with your password or whatnot to use your content. Don't think you can just deactivate just the iPad - but just do all and you should be good and have that spot open again to use your apps and songs etc.