Stolen iPad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ExcelPremium, May 9, 2011.

1. ExcelPremium macrumors member

Hey guys,

Long story short, someone stole my iPad 2 and I'm wondering if Apple has a lost/stolen program in place?

Would they be able to take down the Serial #/IMEI and do something about it? Be it block it from being serviced or confiscate it when the culprit brings it in to service or fixed?

Thanks. I even have the credit card info I used to pay for it, if Apple needs me to prove that I actually bought it.

Thanks.

2. vinacrom macrumors newbie

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Search, asked already many times.

If you did not activate Find my iPhone and/or the person who stole it turns it off, restores it to default, etc (rendering Find my iPhone useless), you are unfortunately out of luck. Sorry it happened.

Apple nor the carriers will get involved. You can try police if you have a lead on what happened.

4. rworne macrumors 6502a

Why would the carriers not get involved?

Shouldn't they just shut off service and ban it just like they would a stolen cell phone? If they did, it should really mess with the resale value.

5. eXistance360 macrumors member

suspend the service.

remove sim card.

throw sim card away.

happy thief.

6. megsandbytes macrumors member

That really sucks! I was going to suggest Find My iPhone (iPad) and MobileMe but they have already been mentioned. Besides, in this case it doesn't help you after the fact anyhow. Have you contacted Apple regarding this by chance? Do you have any idea who may have taken it?

7. ExcelPremium thread starter macrumors member

No MobileMe/Find my iPhone :(

And no idea who took it..><

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

how was it stolen?

9. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

10. tkadrum macrumors member

Unless you bought insurance for the ipad, you are out of luck. No replacement.
    Anyone could buy one, then claim that it was stolen in order to get another one..hopefully yours is insured.

11. mactouros macrumors member

You said you bought it with a credit card. Check to see if your card offers any theft coverage for things you buy with the card.