Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AAli1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
So I was at BWI this weekend and my iPhone 4 got stolen. I was wondering what my options were. I really can't and don't want to pay the 499.99 and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get the subsidy price again.

The worst part is was that I was going to sync my phone to my cousins MobileMe account that day but alas is is gone...

Please help! I miss my iPhone.

ClutchThese

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Alexandria, VA
So I was at BWI this weekend and my iPhone 4 got stolen. I was wondering what my options were. I really can't and don't want to pay the 499.99 and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get the subsidy price again.

The worst part is was that I was going to sync my phone to my cousins MobileMe account that day but alas is is gone...

Please help! I miss my iPhone.

Basically SOL. Unless you had a tracking program on it...no such luck. You also will not be able to get the subsidy price unless you contact ATT and ask them to have mercy on your soul.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Simple question. Did you have MobileMe on the phone?

BL.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
You can try begging a store manager at an AT&T Store, but outside of that you are stuck with the $400/$500 price tag (depending on which model you had).

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You will not be able to get another subsidy on that line.
Maybe add another line to your account and use that or find someone who's eligable for an update and do it that way.
Besides that not much you can do but either pay full price or early update if you can.

kitakits

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2010
I know it's too late but next time..

I know it is too late to do so, but next time sync it to Mobile Me immediately!!!..

I only have one mobile device with Apple (iPhone 3G) and I hooked it up. Even though now I think it is a POC. At least I know that I can find it should I need to.

The best part is my wife can find me whenever she needs too... Haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.