Stolen IPhone - Question about ICloud find my phone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by wazaweasel, Sep 18, 2012.

1. wazaweasel macrumors newbie

My phone was just stolen an hour ago and I tracked it using the icloud app, then it was idle for so long and under the devices section I removed it thinking it would refresh and reappear.

My question is this: If the phone is turned back on even though I locked it and sent a message (I dont know if those actions were sent though) Will the device reappear under my devices if whoever has it turns it on and it gets an internet connection?

Also what would be the best way to go about making sure that I can keep watch if this happens? Because now when I log in it says no devices found click here to set up your device... but on the IPhone itself the "Find My Phone" under ICloud is enabled... Will the device show back up if it is turned on? THanks for all your help I am freaking out as that phone has sensitive work info on it.

THanks again everyone

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The thief may have already wiped it. Not sure what else it could be.

3. wazaweasel thread starter macrumors newbie

the phone was already locked when she took it, she turned it off right away i know that as it is off, but ,my question was if she does turn it back online will it show up in icloud??