stolen iphone :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by polishmacuser, Feb 29, 2008.

1. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

sorry to be ranting but its just not fair somebody stalked me to get this phone. It happened at school during second period in P.E. I havent even taken out the phone i just changed, while the phone still in my pants. I put my clothes in my locker which is pretty hard to open unless you have a crowbar. Sadly i come back from P.E. and i put on my pants. And no iphone plus my locker being opened from the bottom but not the top. THIS SUCKS!!!! i reported it and deactivated my phone but i know i wont get it back. Somebody knew where my locker was and knew i had one. I never showed it to show off or never took it out in the locker area. Sadly as always nobody saw anything or heard anything. Eh why do people do this. Im really pissed and now i have no phone what so ever :(:(:( cheer me please:)

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My suggestion...

is to fill out a police report, see if your Visa/Mastercard/Discovery/AMEX cards, (whichever you bought the iPhone with) will cover merchandise that was purchased on their card and subsequently stolen, thereby getting your money back from them. Most credit card companies will guarantee this type of purchase. Maybe you can get your IMEI number and ensure your carrier can check to see if it shows up as being in use, then coordinate with your carrier to notify the police. I know one person that had his iPhone returned in this manner. I'm sorry to hear about your loss! :(

3. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

how old is it? if you've bought it within 90 days or so many credit cards have theft/accidental damage insurance.

edit: damn sfstatestudent... you beat me.

4. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

well it has been exchanged but i bought the iphone originally on iday would that cover it. I dont think im going to get it back. It really sucks.:(

5. AMoeini macrumors member

AMoeini

What do you mean, did you get a new iPhone?

6. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

That really does suck. :mad: Is your school in an especially tough neighborhood in Poland? Assuming you live there?

7. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

no apple replaced it not long ago but my i dont think they would be able to replace it.

8. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

hahah no im not in poland, im in Los angeles, northridge bleh i wish i was in poland though. I would feel better if i just had a phone to use but i have nothing. That bastard that took my phone will pay if i find him :mad:

9. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

i could tell immediately that he didn't live in poland... you can tell because polish americans are more proud of their heritage than natives are, and flaunt it whenever they can ;)

tak? :D

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sorry, but I'm working with my BlackBook 2.4...

and I seem to be "flying" with this awesome keyboard. It's so much better than my MB 2.16, and the keyboard for my Mac Pro! :cool:

11. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

spoko spoko :D your very right :) that is why i want this phone to be unlocked without problems bleh the good news is my bday is next week and im getting a new one. MY parents are going to chip in and im going to chip in plus apple gave me a 10% off discount for not treating me right while i had procare....long story so i guess its going to be good but still im pissed.

12. AMoeini macrumors member

AMoeini

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I'd potentially murder anyone who stole my iPhone (If and when I own one.) And if you do find out who did it, I will not think any less of you if you do the same :) Good Luck! Keep us posted.

13. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

thanks again for the support guys i really appreciate it and thanks for the joke :p its just why too such lengths would that guy steal my phone. eh the world is just cruel sometimes

14. amanda kathryn macrumors regular

i don't understand why someone would steal a CELL PHONE. an ipod i can understand (not saying in any way i condone this, unfortunately it's a fact that some people are lowlifes)

glad to hear you'll get a new one, and hopefully they track down your original, or at least the person who took it. i had my entire stereo system stolen from my car so i totally feel your pain.

15. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Look on local craigslist and email everyone close to where you live who has the same model of phone for sale (especially one without box, phone only), and see if it's anyone from the school.

They might be able to track it down with IMEI. Contact AT&T and T-Mobile with your police report. Your IMEI number is on the iPhone box.

16. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

a whole stereo sorry for your loss but dang now thats determination, i understand millions of dollars but hell stealing something small just to make people miserable like me right now. The whole day i was just thinking of what to do.:(

17. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

ya i tried that but there are no listings sadly and i tried ebay, hes playing smart i guess, the good thing is if he goes into a att store then i will get it back but i doubt it:(

18. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Look under

Electronics
    Computers

They probably won't post the very same day.

19. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

20. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

Or the device may be covered under your parent's homeowners/renters insurance policy. Mine covers a laptop lost/stolen outside the home.

21. FaustArp macrumors regular

FaustArp

cant you track the phone through another gps device? I am sure theres ways of doing it. If that was my phone I'd make sure I found it and the person who stole it would get a nice fist to the face.