Stolen iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by animenick65, Oct 4, 2008.

1. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Had my 3g iphon stolen tonight. Is there anything in particular I need to do? I did file a police report with me IMEI number.

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Call your carrier report it stolen. This should have been the second you had a police report #.
    Start changing PWs on all accts you accessed on the phone.
    Start looking for a replacement phone.

Sorry to hear about your lose.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Do this! Sorry....:(

4. animenick65 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hasn't turned up yet. Annoyed that there is no way to trace it. Also annoyed that my deductible on my insurance that covers personal property is $500. No real use in having it if its that high.

5. Inukami macrumors 6502

i know right? whats the point in having insurance if they just raise the price up after a problem happens. Whats the point of giving them money every month. Isn't that the point >.>

6. phannon666 macrumors regular

I've heard of providing Apple with the serial number, and when it's docked they blacklist it. Not sure if that's just a fairytale though.

7. animenick65 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've heard of that as well. I will contact them today to see if that is possible. I did call ATT and reported it stolen so its mostly just an iTouch now.

8. rarity macrumors regular

rarity

9. Pixellated macrumors 65816

No - It is an iPod touch :D (Sorry but I had to)

10. glide macrumors regular

IMEI blacklisting is NOT possible in the US. (that's not true - it is possible but not used.)

Only in Europe.

11. animenick65 thread starter macrumors 6502

Went into an ATT store today to try and explain the situation. Of course they cannot do anything. Can't even help me out with buying a phone. Cheapest phone they offered was $180. Looks like I'm stuck buying one off ebay. Any reccomendations?

12. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I got my MacBook and iPhone stolen at the same time about 3 months ago. :(

13. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

iPhone, or the Nokia N91, best phone I have EVER used...better than the iPhone also, but it doesn't have touch screen....so yeah.

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You would think that Apple and AT&T could put their "grenades" together and come up with a plan of attack to combat stolen iPhones, but this has been an issue since the release of v1 iPhone. At least the opportunity to purchase another iPhone at the subsidized price. Sorry for your loss...:mad: