Stolen Ipod - advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trev, Nov 1, 2010.

1. trev macrumors 6502

hey guys,

About 6 months ago I had my iPod touch (First generation) stolen. I've since told the story to a friend and they suggested I contact apple. Just wondering if there is a standard process to go through.

If so, what could apple do? Locate where the device is being synced? Disable the device? It would be nice if they could at least disable the device from connecting to a network at the very least to piss of the person who pissed me off.

Also, I was wondering how I would identify the device. Since it is 4 years old, I'm skeptical that I still have my original box or receipt. Would I find my serial number on iTunes, would it be associated with my user account.

Any advice on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Trevor

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Apple will do nothing but try to sell you a 4G iPod Touch. Your serial number can be found in iTunes under the Devices tab of the Preferences.

3. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

6 months ago? No.

You need to file a police report within a certain amount of time,, and bring that to Apple to have Apple post a note under serial number.

5. trev thread starter macrumors 6502

any way i could find my ipod ip addy? from itunes any chance?

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is no way you could find it IP address.

7. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

So, you are trying to report this now to police and apple? It has been 6 months. Grow a pair.

9. jon3543 macrumors 6502

When you call Apple, you need to ask for their Cold Case department.

10. trev thread starter macrumors 6502

@Mr Kram
    @hcho3
    @jon3543

Ok… what, may I ask you, is the point of your comments? I really don't see the problem with my questions. I DID contact the police when it was stolen and since have tried to forget about the instance. It came up in conversation with my coworker and he suggested I try contacting apple… I said "sure, why not?". What's the harm?

Honestly, the childish name calling is sickening. What are you trying to accomplish? piss me off more? Thanks for helping out :)

and seriously, grow a pair? Might I remind you that you're using an ambiguous username from undisclosed location mocking another. Seriously. Grow a pair.

11. wjlafrance macrumors 6502

I'm using a username consisting of my first and middle initial and my last name, posting from Madison Area Tech College room 192A (3550 Anderson St) in Madison, WI, telling you to not feed trolls.