Stolen iPod touch is making me nervous...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by starryeyedkat, Nov 10, 2009.

1. starryeyedkat macrumors newbie

starryeyedkat

I bought a new macbook pro in July and got a free ipod touch. (woo!) Unfortunately, it was stolen from my purse while I was at work. I have no idea who took it, or if it was sold after that. It sucks that it is gone and that I have no ipod now, but I know there is no way to get it back. What I am worried about is the info that i had in it, namely my email. Could the 'new owners' of my ipod get at that? And is there any way to stop it? Thanks!

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Hmmm...I could be wrong but the only way to track it/Erase stuff off it remotely is through MobileMe (I don't know because the iPod lacks a GPS).

You can sign onto your email on your MacBook and change your password. Unfortunately, you can't do much once its out of hands :( . If you ever get another iPod touch, maybe put a passcode on it to prevent info from being stolen.

3. skypilot55 macrumors newbie

Definitely change all your passwords and set the password for the next one.

You can also report the serial number to Apple, but I don't know how vigilant they are about such things.

JB

4. harleygold macrumors regular

harleygold

Lighting should strike to those who know they do wrong. I'm being serious. After seeing one being burnt to a crisp, it will prevent others from creating evil crimes, whether stilling ipods or murder. to me its all wrong!
    :D