Stolen iPod touch questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xGRIZLURKx, Apr 12, 2017.

1. xGRIZLURKx macrumors newbie

Hi,

I don't want to know how to reset a stolen iPod!!!! But have some questions regarding the corcorate owned iPod.

A guy asked me to reset his iPod and jailbreak his iPod. He told me he lost his passcode. So I reseted the iPod. While doing the basic config, after entering Wifi info the device asked to enter some Starbucks store and password. So I told the guy his iPod was stolen from SB.

So my question is simple: Are corporate iPods are blacklisted at Apple? Normally a full reset must gives you acces to the device.

Just wondering how it works and I DO NOT WANT a way to break it.

Thanks,

xGRIZLURKx

2. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

So basically you want to know if you can access a stolen iPod by doing a full reset.

3. xGRIZLURKx thread starter macrumors newbie

Not at all. I want to know how it works for companies to get their ipod auto config automatycaly after a reset.

4. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

It's probably setup through a MDM (Mobile Device Management) system. When you connected it to wifi, it "phoned" home and since it's still in their system as one of their registered devices it is wanting to complete the setup with their configuration.

5. xGRIZLURKx thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I have always wondered what companies use an iPod touch instead of say an iPad mini. I guess app developers?

7. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

I can see the use of an iPod touch at Starbucks, but in most environments an iPad would be much more efficient. I guess maybe cost also has a factor in it as well.