stolen ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by toms.savickis, Aug 25, 2012.

1. toms.savickis macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

My Ipod touch 4th gen has been stolen approximetly on 2nd april. After I found out that it was stolen, I logged into the supportprofile.apple.com , and there was shown, that this ipod is still registred on my apple id in registred apple products.
    Today, i logged in again, and there is no more registred apple products on the list, but when i am trying to register new product to this list and enter serial number of my stolen ipod ( i made a printscreen while the ipod was still on the list, so i know the serial number), it shows that this serial number is registred to another apple id.
    So my question is, is there any possible way to find out, which apple id has registred this serial number in his product list? can i somehow contact someone from apple, so they can help, if i can really prove that my ipod was stolen?

2. jefbond macrumors member

No. It is illegal for Apple to give out any personal information of a customer of theirs. They have no way of knowing who the real legal owner is or marking the device as 'stolen' in their system. Your best bet is to file a police report and log the serial number in their system, but to be honest, your chances of recovering it are almost zero. Apple also cannot legally detain a customer or a device a customer brings into their store like this.

3. 617aircav Suspended

Seems that you did not file a police report when it was stolen. That was your mistake. It's gone.