Stolen iPod

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xxursweet666xxx, May 9, 2007.

1. xxursweet666xxx macrumors newbie

hey guys...I'm not positive, but I'm about 90% sure that my iPOD was stolen today when I was in school....how do I handle getting it back into my possesion, or should I just get a job and work for a new one?
    What should I do?

2. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

You can register your iPod's serial # with the police, but chances are that won't pan out- you're probably gonna have to buy a new one.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

When you take the "hot products" to school, they will be stolen if you don't watch them.

A pink painted iPod with unicorns or hearts will definitely make it easy to spot. *

Or just buy something less expensive like the iPod shuffle if you want to take it to school.

Basically, if you cannot afford to lose it -- try to avoid taking it to school, especially if it can be sold for quick cash.

* A stencil cut on a vinyl sign machine and a paint can can also add your name to a bunch of products cheaply -- and make it easy to recover. Sort of like the VIN number etching on vehicle glass that'll cost you $29.99 or less to do.

4. amd4me macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear about that stolen ipod, hope you get it back.

5. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Not quite - you seem to be forgetting that VIN etching is absolutely useless!

6. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

7. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Next iPod you get, just have "This iPod was Stolen" (next line) "Please Return to (your name)" engraved on the back. Oh yea, also put a sticker with really sticky adhesive on the back of the iPod with your name, phone, and email. If they attempt to remove it someone will see all of the guck on the back with the engraving.

8. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

Mine was stolen about 3 weeks ago and I had put a "ID sticker" on mind...and it was retuned. Just remmeber that theives may think they are slick but sooner or later the will *uck up like they did with mine