Stolen iTouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Neotyguy40, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Neotyguy40 macrumors regular

I'm going to make this quick. My iPod Touch was stolen, I don't have ANY tracking device/app on it, I don't have the serial number written down, and I don't have the receipt (over a year ago).

The iPod is registered to my iTunes account, but is there any way to retrieve it?

Not really important, since I have a newer iPod Touch, but I was going to donate my older one to charity, literally within the next week, so I would still like to know if there is any possible way of getting it back.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Call the cops and cross your fingers.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Hate to say it OP but it is gone for good. Even if you call the cops, a stolen iPod isn't exactly going to be a priority.

4. Panther71 macrumors regular

If you have homeowners or renters insurance, it might cover some of your loss. Check your policy to see what the deductible is for theft.

If your deductible is $500, don't bother with an insurance claim. It would only cover the amount over $500, which is less than the cost of an iPod Touch.

5. Neotyguy40 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I did, I have a meeting with the officer who works in the building I lost it at. There were only about 15 people who would have been able to stole it, so perhaps that will help.

I guess I better just use my newer one.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

good idea to change your iTunes password and assume any data on the iPod has been compromised.