Stolen Laptop: MBP stolen in JACKSON MS

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rancod, Aug 21, 2008.

1. rancod macrumors newbie

Hello all,

My MacBook Pro was stolen almost 2 weeks ago, and I understand that I will never see it again, but what could I do to help prevent this in the future, or what software would yall suggest that could track or be used to recover the system?

Thanks

2. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

3. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Try iAlertU.

If your computer is on and iAlertU is running, if someone tries to steal it it will take a picture of who is stealing it via the isight, it will then send that picture to your desired email address.

4. nintendude macrumors 6502

5. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

7. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Arr man that sucks, not a week goes past these days without someone coming on here saying their notebooks walked off, i cant give you any other advice that has not been giving already except don't let it out of your sight next time

8. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hello,
    1st of all, sorry for your mac. That's bad.

I'm also wondering which is a good software to recover a stolen mac. There is a thread here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=540362

So if you guys have an opinion about those 3 software, feel free to express them :)

9. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

Sucks to have anything stolen but laptops are a big target for thiefs.

1. Never leave it unattended in a public place. Ever. Not even to go to the bathroom while sipping your latte at the coffee shop.

2. Never leave it in your car. Crooks break into cars all the time to steal far lesser items - your laptop is temptation they cannot resist.

3. Never leave it unattended at work either. Many people feel their desk at work is a safe place. It is not.

10. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Sorry to hear your loss.

I'm making a "kit" for Macbook Pro owners (and I guess other laptop owners too :) ) to have one central place for all information relating to their computers. Many business type users should have this information anyway, but alot of home users won't understand where to begin. I can't give an est when its finished though.

The attatched section is the "insurance and tracking" section for the major businesses I could find who offer protection.

Attached Files:

11. rancod thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick posts guys. This is why I love the apple user groups, yall rock!

12. macwall macrumors 6502

:( I bought Lojack off ebay for really cheap and I'm hoping I never have to use it.