Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magdalena sthlm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2015
Hi all,
Just want the information to be out there - we have our MacBook Pro stolen and we want it to be as public as possible - MacBook Pro, serial no W81050GVATN, model no A1278.
The iPod touch 8GB white, MD057ZP/A, serial no CCQJ7KC1DNQW has been stolen too.
Is there any way we could track them or at least block them??

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
I've updated the thread's title. Please use a descriptive title to help members see what you're looking for. Using your userid as the title does not help anyone and will cause people to largely skip your thread.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
File a police report, obviously. That will put the serial number in the system and can help in its recovery.

File an insurance claim if you have renter's, homeowner's, or other policy that covers such events.

Watch Craigslist and eBay carefully.

Buy new Mac. Recovery statistics are not encouraging.

Did you have "Find My Mac" turned on?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
As for tracking down, if you don't have find my mac, there's not much you can do. At this point, I'm sure the thief has already reformatted the computer and/or parted it out.

magdalena sthlm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2015
Thank you guys for your advices.
Report has been already filed and we will also file a claim to the insurance company.
To be honest I can't remember whether I had this 'find my Mac' on. I think so but I m not sure. Is there any way I can check it? Could you please tell me how to do it?

brentmore

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2002
ATX
Thank you guys for your advices.
Report has been already filed and we will also file a claim to the insurance company.
To be honest I can't remember whether I had this 'find my Mac' on. I think so but I m not sure. Is there any way I can check it? Could you please tell me how to do it?

Sign into iCloud.com and click on the "Find My iPhone" button. You'll see a list of the devices that you can track under "All Devices".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.