Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n8236

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
To make a long story short, here's what happened. It's a bit confusing she hasn't told me the whole story.

My cousin forgot to pick up her laptop after class, and when she went back to the same class the day after next, she asked around. Apparently a classmate (we'll call her girl1) said she picked it up and turned it into the nearby computer lab. It was said that instead of handing it to a person behind the counter, she asked some random guy if she worked there and handed the laptop to him.

When my cousin went to the computer lab to ask for the laptop, no one knew what she was talking about.

To make the situation even more confusing, it seems that another classmate (girl2) saw girl1 pick up the laptop.

This all happened at San Francisco State University, if anyone goes there and sees a 15.4" MBP that may seem suspicious, please let me know.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
This sounds like it will get very messy very quickly. Consider the laptop gone. Call AppleCare to see if they care "red flag" the serial number. Good luck. Also file a police report. This way you have a paper train and its not all HE said SHE said.

reburrcca

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Wait, what?! She waited two days to search, and even go back to that room, for her MBP?

If girl1 admitted picking up the MBP, then how is someone else seeing her do that make it more confusing? And a suspicious laptop? What's the criteria for that?? :confused:

Good luck with this, man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.