Stone Leather Loop band arrived

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by eagleglen, May 8, 2015.

1. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

My Stone Leather Loop band arrived today for the SS WSB watch I received at launch. It's the large version and my wrist is 190mm. Fits perfect and feels really nice. I'm very pleased.

I should note that it's easy to attach the band upside down, such that the small printing on it is visible and not towards your skin. If attached this way, it won't form a snug fit and becomes loose easily. When attached correctly, the fit is 'iron clad' and definitely won't come off or jiggle.

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Looks great, I am looking forward to the Blue Leather Loop I have on order.

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

Yep perfect size. Looks great on you.

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Nice! Thank you posting such awesome pics, especially all four pics framed as one. That makes it so easy for us to compare them. Also appreciate you posting your wrist size too!

The fit on you looks great. For all of you watch gurus out there, is that about the right positioning where the excess strap should end? It looks just about right to my eyes, but I thought I would solicit other opinions too.

5. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

6. eagleglen thread starter macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

When I had the long end of the band upside down, the band almost began to overlap onto the watch itself. Had me quite worried! But once I attached it correctly, I think it fits perfect, with lots of slack to spare. If my wrist were any smaller, say 185mm or less, I'd recommend the medium. Best not loose any weight :rolleyes:

7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Thanks!

8. eagleglen thread starter macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

No, the clasp where the long end goes through the short end is stainless steal. The lighting just made an odd reflection.

9. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

My black leather loop came yesterday. As much as I liked the Milanese that came with the watch, the leather loop is so much more comfortable and great looking. I doubt I'll ever put on the Milanese again.

10. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

How long did it take?

11. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

Wow, looks great! I have black leather loop coming, and I am thinking hard about the blue. Today received the link, green and black sport...to go with Milanese! Now some solid choices!

EricE

12. Dhonk macrumors member

last week I ordered the 42mm Space Black after my 2nd try-on. Says it ships July. Then on Tuesday I got an email that it my Apple Watch order was shipping in 2-3 weeks! I logged in to check, and it was the extra band I ordered...black leather loop (smaller sized). So I'll have my extra band in 2-3 weeks, but not the watch for 7-11

13. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

Interested in selling the Milanese?

Op thanks for the pics! I have the same color ordered. How does the leather look after a day's wear? Do you think it will get stained easily?

14. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Nope. I still want it as a backup band. It's not that it's bad, although it did pull the hair a little bit. I do like it. But it's more that the leather loop is just sooooo comfortable, and the black one that I got goes so well with the SS color and the deep black of the watch display both when it's on and not on.

15. nfl46, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015

nfl46 macrumors 603

This looks nice. The color would really pop on a darker skin person. But, I like the skin tone color, though.

16. kampongkid macrumors regular

this is the same set up i've been considering pulling the trigger on.

looks great- thanks for the pics

17. eagleglen thread starter macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I ordered it about an hour after the online store opened on the April 10th and got it today, May 8th. If you look in the store now, all the leather loops are shipping in 2-4 weeks. Hopefully they'll be in the stores before too long.

Still to soon to tell, but I'm worried about staining too. I'll report back if I notice any. I have a sport band too that I can swap out with when I know it might get excessive sweat, so that should help.

18. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

Any reports back on the Stone Leather Loop after almost few months of use? How's the wear and overall look of the band?
    I like the look but not sure on the longentivity of that color and staining.
    Anyone care to comment?
    Thanks

19. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

I am interested in this as well....

EricE

20. MLVC macrumors 6502

Interested in that info as well. I'm considering ordering it, but would like to know how it holds up.

21. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

Had the stone loop since May. No issues with staining or discolor. Looks just the way when I got it.