Stop activity tracking whist driving

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bluetideUK, Jan 21, 2017.

1. bluetideUK macrumors newbie

i purchased my Apple Watch (42 sg nike+)to help me track my activity. I'm having major issues. I drive for a living and The Watch records me as exercising walking and standing whilst I'm driving. Is there a way to stop it doing this?

2. Julien, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You will probably need to remove it out it off while driving. Movement types can't be discriminated by an accelerometer and gyroscope.

You could go to Privacy> Motion & Fitness> Fitness Tracking and toggle off. However you would have to remember to toggle back on to get tracking.

3. bluetideUK thread starter macrumors newbie

I find it weird as I never had this issue with my Microsoft band. It was one of the main feature I bought my Apple Watch was activity tracking.

4. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Well your arms are moving which is technically activity...

Maybe it means you're an erratic driver??:eek:;) Just kidding. Maybe the only thing is to turn it off while driving and back on like mentioned above?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its not limited to the AW, I had a fitbit that counted my steps while driving :eek:

I was on a long trip, and partway through that trip, my fitbit buzzed me, stating that I reached my 10,000 steps :p

6. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

My crazy Fitbit counted 100 floors climbed while mowing my 2 acre yard, not real steep but an elevation change for sure. My AW has never done that.