Stop Bashing Macrumors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taptic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
California
Can everyone please stop bashing Macrumors? If they post stuff that isn't Apple related, it's going to be OK. The world won't fall out of orbit or anything. Besides, it's interesting (and only fair) to know about what competition is doing.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Can everyone please stop bashing Macrumors? If they post stuff that isn't Apple related, it's going to be OK. The world won't fall out of orbit or anything. Besides, it's interesting (and only fair) to know about what competition is doing.
Who's bashing Macrumors? I love it here:)

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
No video on you tube yet. Was hoping to see another spin off of the Lave Britney alone video.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
OK...I'll take the post seriously...not sure why....

Could you plase elaborate on the assertion in the post above that "everyone" is "bashing" MacRumors.

Cite examples of "bashing", number of "bashers"...anything to support the dubious (I'm being polite, please take note),assertion in the post above.

Thank you...from a non-"basher".:)

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Since about last year people have been complaining in the news section whenever a post about this and that is posted. Like when an app comes out and people deem it unworthy of a feature. :rolleyes:

That and stuff about Samsung, Microsoft, Motorola, Android, Google, and whatever.

I agree with the OP, it needs to stop. We should be able to have healthy conversations about competitors here. And if all you can do is ask why, and not even provide something useful to the discussion, then don't post at all.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC

Could you plase elaborate on the assertion in the post above that "everyone" is "bashing" MacRumors.

Cite examples of "bashing", number of "bashers"...anything to support the dubious (I'm being polite, please take note),assertion in the post above.

you see it in every news story that isn't directly related to apple. then you have posts questioning whether a post is front page worthy. it does get old, and i'm in agreement in wanting to see it stop.

taptic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
California

Sure. (and please, take the word 'everyone' with a grain of salt, will you?)

Does anyone know the address of samsungrumors.com?
I'm loving these MAC RUMORS, guys. ;)
What exactly does this have to do with MacRumors?
It's content that will generate social shares which will bring people to the site to see advertisements and make them money. It's all about money now. Doesn't have to be Mac related anymore it seems.
And those are just in the latest posts... -_-

Last edited:

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I'm curious (a little) how a few sarcastic (with some free cynicism) responses somehow becomes Macrumors "bashing". Most of those you mentioned are pointing back to the poster, or doubting the direction of a thread (which happens quite often) and not about the site itself.
I don't think you would ever get rid of all those type of posts.
Life is short, and you can choose to ignore the posts that have no bearing on a thread's purpose.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Sure. (and please, take the word 'everyone' with a grain of salt, will you?)
I took the post as it was written. If it were written differently, my response would have been different. I can only assume that the writer of a post writes what he or she means to say.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I think the problem is that MacRumors has become the Apple press release site.

taptic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
California
I took the post as it was written. If it were written differently, my response would have been different. I can only assume that the writer of a post writes what he or she means to say.
Come on man, you know what I mean... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.