Stop bashing the trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mik34, Oct 16, 2008.

1. mik34 macrumors member

First of all, it is customizable in system preferences. You don't even have to use the "click" feature (which I will admit takes some force, so I don't use it). You can set it to recognize taps as "clicks." It's also large so the multi-finger gestures work well.

So for all of you that don't plan to buy one because of the clickable trackpad, you don't have to worry.

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

i dont think many ppl are upset with the touch pad.... i played with it today at best buy and i didn't see any (negative) change... it felt the same, but with added functionality ..

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

LOL. Who's "bashing" it? And why do you care if they are? And why are you telling people what to do when you just walked in the door?

4. island macrumors 6502

island

Please don't start a sentence with "Why".

Second, people hate on new equipment for the reason that they are already outdated.

Thanks!

5. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Totally nice to a new MacRumors user... OP: Regarding the trackpad, it's a nice tip! Thanks!

6. NJPitcher macrumors regular

Is there some new grammatical rule I'm not aware of? I was pretty sure starting sentences with "why" was perfectly acceptable, if not the accepted method of asking questions regarding the reason for something...

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Not to mention that I didn't start any sentences with "why". I started them with "And". :)

Wait, I gotta be nice to someone who tells me what to do in their second post ever here? Why is that? :)

8. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I love the track pad! I use it just as i did on my white MacBook, I rarely use the click feature.

9. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I have every trackpad feature enabled on mine. The new trackpad is so awesome, wish I could say the same about the screen though. Oh well, at least it's better than the old MacBook screen.

10. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

havent tried one yet but they do look pretty damn cool so we ll see...

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

What? I'm aware that you can't start a statement with 'why', but it's perfectly acceptable to start an interrogative sentence with 'why'.

PS: I went into an Apple Store and played with the new Macbooks and used it as usual, I didn't notice that there wasn't a button for like five minutes.

12. mik34 thread starter macrumors member

Plenty of people

First of all, just because I haven't posted, doesn't mean I haven't been around these forums for a while. It also doesn't make me ignorant.

I wasn't telling anyone what to do either. I've seen posts complaining about the new trackpad, and I don't think many people know it's customizable.

So if you want to act big just because you've posted a lot, take your fight elsewhere.

13. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

To get back on point, I stopped by an Apple Store to check out the new MacBooks and the glass/it-is-the-button trackpad was surprisingly close the old trackpads. Halfway thru using it, I forgot it was a different trackpad.

Much better than the difference between the it-is-the-buttoness Mighty Mouse and other mice.

While using the four finger Expose, did anyone else yell out "Windows away!" and "Windows return!" or was it just me? ;)

14. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

15. RelievedSimplet macrumors member

Well, I must say that this is my second laptop and when I first bought it I was very disappointed with the trackpad. The main reason for that was the force required to click. Then after playing around with settings for a few hours (new to OS X), I found that enabling Tap to click and Dragging under 1 finger and Secondary tap under Two Fingers, it's perfect. It even makes it faster to use since I don't have to move my thumb to the buttons as on traditional trackpads and can instead one finger tap to click anywhere and two finger tap to right click anywhere. Just my 2 cents.