Stop Betterzip Unrarx etc from popping up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tdream, Apr 24, 2010.

1. tdream macrumors 65816

So I'm downloading some files and I'm in the middle of watching a movie in fullscreen. Betterzip pops up... no problem. Click on the movie to continue watching unhindered. Couple of minutes later, betterzip pop ups again... no problem. Click on the movie to continue watching unhindered. Another couple of minutes later betterzip pops up again... I'm beginning to notice a pattern here... Click on the movie to continue watching unhindered.

Couple of minutes later, betterzip pops up again. WTFFFF FFOOOOO!!!!!!!

How in god's name do you stop betterzip and any of the extractors for that matter from popping up when they've download a file? This is not a problem in Winrar. It's extremely annoying, even worse than UAC. At least you can turn that off.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Are you using Safari, and have it set to open safe files after downloading (which is the default)? If so, turn that off. Then, the file extractors won't pop up automatically to extract the archive you downloaded.

3. tdream thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm using firefox. Can't seem to find an option to turn off dls in the pref pane.

Oh I'm using igetter to queue the files for download later. Just turned off the postprocess option. See if that works.

edit - that worked! thx