Stop certain files ending up in the Cloud. iTunes Library.

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by TangoCharlie27, Oct 15, 2016.

1. TangoCharlie27 macrumors member

I guess I made a mistake. I always stored my 130GB iTunes library on my desktop.
    I have now noticed tracks missing and I am wondering if it because my Desktop including the library, is migrating to the Cloud. This is anew feature in Sierra to save storage space.

Can I get the Cloud to ignore my iTunes library? They are hard copies, I want to keep them on my MacBook. I have Apple Music anyway.

How can I quickly replace the missing tracks?

Thank you.

2. Lappen71 macrumors regular

Lappen71

Where is your iTunes library located?
    It should not be in iCloud Drive or Documents instead it should be in Music

3. TangoCharlie27 thread starter macrumors member

Located on my Desktop. Sierra is pushing much of it to iCloud. Ive always kept my iTunes library on my desktop which now turns out to be a bad choice. It's a yarning, don't store projects or any crucial files o the desktop as it will be jettisoned to iCloud meaning the old path is now wrong.
    I need to get the flies back on my Desktop, move them and then turn on the Sierra space saving option.
    Any ideas please?

4. joker00 macrumors member

5. Fishrrman macrumors G3

I suggest you create a backup of your music folder on an external drive, pronto.

Better yet, a CarbonCopyCloner backup of the ENTIRE internal drive.

6. DarkSorrow82 macrumors regular

DarkSorrow82

You should consider storing your library to an external drive. For now you might be able to download your library from icloud.