Stop deleted files from showing in cache?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dark-saito, Jul 21, 2011.

1. dark-saito macrumors regular

For instance, whenever you view an image and delete it in preview, the deleted file will still show if you four finger swipe down (or up, whichever you've set) but will be useless if clicked on.

Anyway to get these to disappear? I'd imagine they'd be fixed by deleting a database, but I can't seem to find one for either Quicktime or Preview, the 2 that are giving me trouble. Thanks in advance!

2. dark-saito thread starter macrumors regular

bump? I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering this "-.-

3. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

I think that this is the issue

Manually delete “saved states”

One of the biggest features of Lion is the possibility of remembering exactly what you were doing inside an application after it closes, or the OS shuts down. Upon next boot or application launch, Lion will re-open the app with the same content, position and even text cursor status from when you last closed it. This happens thanks to Resume, a system-wide functionality that makes sure everything is always remember so you don’t have to. But if you’re a geek, you’ve enabled the hidden Library folder and you feel like tinkering with the OS a little, you can manually delete the saved states without having to disable Resume entirely.

However, this doesn't resolve your issue.
    Full story here

4. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

But this should resolve your issue

Kill the Resume feature. Article here

5. dark-saito thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think...

I'm communicating what the issue is that well. I don't think the issue is Resume, As seen in my attachments, its disabled, I think. however, in my fullscreen attachment, thats what i mean. The photos that are just jpg numbers don't even exist anymore, and they won't go away.

Attached Files:

6. dark-saito thread starter macrumors regular