Stop forcing iCloud on us

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by vexorg, Apr 18, 2016.

1. vexorg macrumors 6502a

Every IOS update, stop forcing us to use iCloud, I don't want it, don't trust it, stop assuming I want to log into and use it.

It's not difficult to update and keep the previous settings!!!

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Not gonna happen. Apple does what they want and don't care if we like it or not.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It does not make sense not to include it in setup when millions of their customers use it.

Saying that, I don't use it either, but it doesn't bug me having to tell it to skip logging in.

4. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

On a new phone I agree, but a few times at the start of every update gets annoying.

In fact, even a new setup is a right pain, trying to set up with iTunes and the phone continually nags about going to iCloud.

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

What do you trust if you don't trust iCloud and do you have more than one Apple device? (I'm just curious)

6. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. Bit overdramatic.

I use it. And "every update" means what....once a month? Once every two months? Let's see....we're on 9.3.1....since September. So, honestly, it's not THAT frequent. Some would even argue that Apple updates should be more regular, like every month or so.

Honestly, is it really that much of a bother to opt out of iCloud for updates?

7. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

8. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

Stop forcing us to see you over dramatic posts.

9. planetf1 macrumors 6502

planetf1

Tbh it's a good thing given the number of people I know in the past that have lost contacts or photos... Or get confused on new device. It's absolutely a sensible 2016 default

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You know that End user license agreement you click "I AGREE" to without reading every iOS update?

It pretty much says Apple can do whatever it wants with its iOS software and that you agree to it in return for being able to use iOS.

So in the end its you agreed not to "care" what Apple does with iOS in return for being able to use iOS.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 18, 2016 ---
    Please see EULA you clicked "I AGREE" to. It states Apple can do whatever it wants with iOS and that you agree to it in return for being able to use it. You may have bought your iPhone but you are leasing iOS from Apple.

11. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

At £700 damn right we should complain!
    That does;t make my post any less valid, it's not about ownership, it's about apple forcing their options on me when I've already decided I don't want it.

12. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Nope. Just click the option to bypass the iCloud setup/login and move on. Then again, some folks just have to complain about everything.

13. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

If I could do that then there would have been no need to post in the first place......

14. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

What do you have to hide?

15. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Everything? is one annoying point about apple's policy everything in the world to you?
    It's not about hiding, it's about waste of time and bandwidth, and poor internet due to bogged down by iCloud dong things I don't need. Idiot could system for idiot people that can't manage their devices!

16. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

I know of people who do not use iCloud. And you can bypass iCloud during set up.

17. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

You have used up more time with this post than the time you would have used up either bypassing or setting up an iCloud account.

18. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You don't want it? that's fine. Apple has every right to prompt you to use it because of the EULA you agreed to.

19. Laurie65 macrumors member

If it wasn't for iCloud I would be carrying two iPhones because I would have no notes on the 5s and I need every one of them. Plus, It will make setting up my next iPhone a whole lot easier. If I didn't have iCloud I'd have to carry a very thick, messy notebook and I would much rather have the iPhone.

20. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

You can lead a horse to water but ...

21. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

go get an android and complain about using google's services...

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

How is something being forced when it's simple to select the option not to use it?