Stop iTunes from expanding when I connect my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Otaviano, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Otaviano macrumors 6502a

Otaviano

Anyone know of a way for me to stop iTunes from expanding everytime I dock my iPhone. It's so unbelievably irritating. I often have iTunes minimized while I work on the computer, I'll pull my phone from the dock to take a call. Then set it back on the dock and iTunes will expand on it's own, thinking that it's doing me a favor.

I can not stand this and can't find any preference to stop it. I don't have automatic syncing checked, so I see no reason for this annoying behavior. Is there a fix, I'll try anything. Including killing it in terminal.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

In iTunes, in the "summary" tab for your device, there's a checkbox for "Open iTunes when this device is connected." Make sure it's unchecked.

3. Otaviano thread starter macrumors 6502a

Otaviano

In my iTunes 8.0.2 (the latest version) running on OS-X Leopard I only have the following options in the summary tabs:

- Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected
    - Sync only checked songs and videos
    - Manually manage music and videos

Nothing else, I have all of them unchecked. Also my problem is not iTunes launching when it's closed and I connect my iPhone. My problem is iTunes expanding when it's minimized and I dock my iPhone.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Huh. That's weird about the different options in the summary tabs, I thought it would be the same for both Mac and Windows!

As for iTunes expanding from being minimized when you connect an iPhone or iPod, I just tried, and yup, it does do that. Unfortunately, I don't see an option for stopping this behavior. :(

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I'm on Mac and I also see no box for this. I just checked iTunes Preferences twice and couldn't find anything.

David

6. Otaviano thread starter macrumors 6502a

Otaviano

Given your proximity to Apple HQ maybe you can bang on the door and ask them to include it in the next iTunes?

:D