Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I keep on having two problems with my iPod touch 4G. The first is that we have a few different ipods and ipads that all sync on the same imac. When one of my kids gets a new app it will load itself onto my iPod even though I don't have the "Automatically sync new applications" box checked. I looked and it is NOT checked and it STILLputs new apps on my iPod. How can I stop this?

The second thing is that whenever I delete one of these new apps, iTunes seems to want to reload sometimes ALL of the songs on my iPod. Why does it do this?

I am very frustrated with this. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thank you!!!!

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
On the iPod itself, go to Settings -> iTunes & App Stores and *DISABLE* Automatic Downloads of Apps.

Well, the switch for Apps currently says ON. When I switch it to OFF, it immediately switches back to ON? Why is is doing that?? I tried rebooting the iPod but it still does the samr thing, I switch it off and it switches it back to on!!

Just figured it out. I logged into iTunes and then was able to turn it off. I hope that works. Thanks!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.