Well, I have been waiting for the Macbook Pro with I cores since Dec. I sold my Alienware M17x and have been using a netbook and its killing me. I was thinking of either a) getting the new 13 MBP ONLY if they have i5 540 min with a higher resolution or b) 15 inch MBP with at least i5 540 or the 2.66 i5 Now, the problem is my school is offering the 13 and 15 and an even more discounted price. the 13 is an xtra 50 off so from 1499 i can get a brand new one for 1349 but the 15 is an even better deal! I can get the 2.8 15 inch top of the line one for 1899. Thats 400 off the reg price of 2299. So i thought about it logically for a second. I was planning on buying the mid 15 inch new MBP. the pricing on those are 1849 after student discount(assuming apple doesnt change prices). Those will most likely come with an i5 2.5 or 2.66(i think). I can have a 2.8 TODAY for basically the same price. Lets say the new i series intel chips give 20% more performance clock for clock. 2.5 at 20% higher would be 3.0. a 2.8 and 3.0 doesnt seem too much of a difference for me. What should I do? I have been waiting for a couple months now... but this deal is tempting. Is there anything else with the i5 i am missing? they are both dual core, are faster, but the 2.8 C2D with 6MB L2 cache seems like it can keep its own. i dunno what do you guys think? ps. please refrain from if you need a laptop now, then buy, if u can wait then wait.