Carrier Stop my madness !! Which carrier to choose for udp?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NougatDude, Feb 19, 2017.

1. NougatDude Suspended

So we have udp on all major carriers. Our plan was to get at least two new lines via Verizon but now that the other three changed theirs what should we do IN ADDITION to getting two new Verizon phones? I know it bugs me that att doesn't allow hotspot at all. Bummer. Any other downside? T-Mobile I can't remember but will look back at sites I saved. And sprint is sprint. It works in some places for us but horrid in most but their promotion only lasts a year i believe right? Thanks for your help.

2. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

At the end of the day, the four carriers are very similar in pricing. What matters now is the service quality where you use the phone the most. If the service quality is lacking, it doesn't matter the price IMO. Sprint is still the loser for service in most areas no matter how they would like to spin it.

3. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

In terms of price, Sprint is the best, followed by T-Mobile, then Verizon, then AT&T. Value is all relative.

For most people, I think Verizon is going to be the best value. Best coverage, top speeds, and great features.

A lot of people will find T-Mobile will be the best for them as they're a bit cheaper than Verizon and offer great international features.

If Sprint is good in your area, you'll save the most money going with them.

However, AT&T is by far the worst value. It's the most expensive option and offers the least features (no option for tethering at all). If you absolutely need good coverage, Verizon is a much better choice at this point. The only advantage AT&T really has now is a better selection of unlocked phones. Unless you live in an area where AT&T is the only good option (pretty unlikely) or you just have to be able to use unlocked phones (like OnePlus #), you're much better off getting Verizon than AT&T.

4. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Isn't the Sprint deal only good for a year though? This makes it a heck of a lot less appealing.

5. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Yes, but even after the price increases, it's still cheaper than T-Mobile for one line and the same price for two or more lines, so after factoring in all the money you save within the first year, Sprint is the cheapest.

6. High Desert macrumors regular

Yep - Sprint deal only good till 03/18, then price goes back up. My take is go with the best service and connection provider (in your area). Personally, I deal with Verizon and have since GTE was acquired by them. Service has always been exceptional no matter where I traveled in the US. If you don't get out of town much, and are willing to take lower service levels, and bounce company to company, then go for it. I find that in the end, all the plans end up being somewhat comparable with level of service and connectivity being the deal breaker.