Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manizzer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
I have discovered that my iphone is saving all my steps, all the floors i climb, and all the distances i walk... And im not able to desactive that. I suposse that continous registering burns battery, so i would like to know how to desactivate that app...or whatever.
Sorry for my english.
Regards to all from Spain!

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I have discovered that my iphone is saving all my steps, all the floors i climb, and all the distances i walk... And im not able to desactive that. I suposse that continous registering burns battery, so i would like to know how to desactivate that app...or whatever.
Sorry for my english.
Regards to all from Spain!

The iphone has a special sepearate processor just for that function so don't worry it's not burning your battery.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
but Siri called me lazy for only walking 30 steps today :D Sure that I can't disable it ?:D

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
The M7 is the same processor that determines things like the phone's orientation (to switch portrait/landscape modes), parallax and shake-to-undo, so shutting it down (if that were even possible) would disable a lot of things.

Also, apparently it's so low-power that iPhones can even keep track of motion after the battery has died.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.