Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

insan56

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2005
how do i stop some pictues from moving in a iPhoto Slideshow and not others! this is really making me mad!

Palladium

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2006
Northern Ireland, UK
Stopping movement in slideshows

I'm not sure what you mean by moving in some but not others. I cut the movement out completely by selecting "Settings" from the bottom of the Slideshow window and unticking "Automatic Ken Burns effect" before starting the Slideshow (this is in iPhoto 6).

Happy, movement-free Christmas

moritz

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
how do i stop some pictues from moving in a iPhoto Slideshow and not others! this is really making me mad!

Is is very irritating to see the photos moving up and down during the slideshow. I am using Iphoto version 6.0.5. Clicking the Ken burn effect make no difference. One way is to convert the folder to albums and view it as a slideshow.

Any one know of a better and faster way?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Mmm, wait, are you actually creating a slideshow (by selecting photos and clicking the new slideshow button, so that there is a new slideshow listed in the left column), or are you clicking the play button with some pictures selected or in an album?

Either way, if the Ken Burns item is unchecked, *AND* the scale to fit screen item is ALSO unchecked (oddly), then I don't get any motion. You also have to use a transition that does not itself involve motion (e.g. dissolve).

I'm also on 6.0.5.

insan56

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2005
well thats the thing... i like the Ken Burns Effect but on some photos it cuts out parts of the photo in the process of it moving. so some photos i want to move while others i dont want to move at all.

btw im using version 5.0.4 and it is a Slideshow that i created.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.