Stop redundant facebook notifications?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by skeetley, Mar 1, 2010.

1. skeetley macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I used to have a BlackBerry and somehow the phone was smart enough not to send me email notifications of facebook activity when it was already sending me SMS messages and facebook messages. Yet the emails were still in my account, just not pushed to my phone.

How do I do this with iPhone? I still want to keep tabs on what is going on in my facebook world, but I don't need an email, text and facebook notification each time.

What is the best way to cut down on these triplicate messages, but still be instantly notified on the goings on?

2. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

wow I didn't realize we had become a Facebook Support Forum

You have to go into your Facebook and under settings you can change what kind of notifications you need

why do you need SMS notification for Facebook when you have an iPhone and e-mail anyways ?

Unless you're a teenage female ?

3. skeetley thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry I confused the iPhone help forum with receiving iPhone help. I didn't realize there was rules about what you could get help with.

The reason I have more than one is they all do different things. This wasn't a problem with BlackBerry because it was smart enough to know the difference. I was hoping the iPhone had the same type of capability and that I just had a setting wrong somewhere.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I guess the iphone is not smart enough for your Facebook activities...