Stop Safari refresh Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by R3fr3sh, Nov 3, 2013.

1. R3fr3sh macrumors member

Hey guys, just wondering if it was possible at all to stop safari from refreshing every time i swipe back to the previous page. Thanks!

2. mingqing007 macrumors newbie

mingqing007

+1

same question~

3. Benjamin99 macrumors member

4. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Think it's related to the type of content on the page you're going back to. May or may not be a bug but it's been around since the beginning of beta testing for Mav.

I use Chrome so I don't know much about it but AFAIK there is nothing you can do you just have to deal with it.

5. Total Respray macrumors member

Same issue here - every time they update Safari, I try to work with it to see if I can use it as my default browser. In all other respects it is great, but this infuriating 'feature' is the only thing keeping me migrating from Firefox.

6. twintin macrumors 6502

No you can't. It has been this way at least since ML, so I guess it is a "feature". As mentioned before, it's possibly WEB page/content specific (some reloads, other don't). But I agree, at times it can be a bit bothersome.

7. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

I've been using Safari exclusively since Mavericks came out. I've been an adamant Chrome user for years prior. This is my single biggest complaint. In the forums, there is a second or two period after paging back before you can click a link. If this gets resolved, I will be a happy camper.