Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk313

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Mods feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place, but there doesn't seem to be a natural place for this question.

Has anyone had success turning off Sign in With Google pop-ups in Safari? I feel like I get this pop-up on every site I go to now.

I've searched the internet, but all of the posts I see refer to the Sign in to third party section of your settings, but when I log into google, I don't see that section.

There might have been a post on this already, but I can't find it & doing a search for Stop Sign in with google on MacRumors appears to bring up every thread that includes the words in on or with.

Thanks in advance,

Saturn007

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
Don't mean to be one of those people, but the surest way to avoid those Google sign-in pop-ups — and better preserve your privacy — is to switch to Duck, Duck, Go!

mk313

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Don't mean to be one of those people, but the surest way to avoid those Google sign-in pop-ups — and better preserve your privacy — is to switch to Duck, Duck, Go!
I don't think this has anything to do with duck duck go. I don't use Google for anything other than my daughter's YouTube. I don't use chrome, I don't use Gmail or google search or google maps or anything. This is a pop-up that comes up every time I open a random non-google website. For example Cleveland.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.