Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
:eek:

you've done it too havent you???:D

Actually,I haven't. But I have a story YOU might like.

Last year (before I got my iMac - I had a desktop/monitor w/ wireless mouse and keyboard).

Someone messaged me on the computer asking for help with a chemistry problem or something, so I went to get my book, and as I turned my chair to reach for my binder, my elbow bashed into my tall glass of diet coke and it spilled all over my desk, some trickling into the keyboard...rendering it useless! I had to go buy a new one.

Lesson is - don't ever help anyone , lol jks.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
i did spill a glass of fruit juice (m.m tropical punch) on the floor one day in my room, most of it landed on my camcorder(7 year old sony), didnt break anything, but it took a few days to get all of the sticky off of it, its tape deck was on its way out anyway.

some splashed on the side of my PC tower, no big deal

but im careful to keep drinks away from my expensive gear (my baby, see sig)

i just find it so weird of the the spills that have happened in the past week to peoples macbook / MBpros

its just astonishing

22Hz

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
That's why I keep my Macbook far away from anything that might damage it. I paid a lot of damned money for this thing and it wasn't easy saving it up either. I treat it like I would a human baby except I like it more and it's more useful.:D

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
I eat and drink in front of my laptop all the time. Am I a terrible person?

(I almost exclusively drink water. Is this better?)

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
is there some protection you can buy from apple to get it repaired if this happens? i know my dell laptop had that option. idiots buy dell's though.

consequentially, i was an idiot. now i'm going to buy a macbook pro.

my ex would always keep her macbook far from foods. she would even make me wash my hands before using it. talk about picky!! glad the relationship is over, but i really really miss her macbook. i bet she misses my iphone too...maybe we should get back together?!?

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
i did spill a glass of fruit juice (m.m tropical punch) on the floor one day in my room...

My sister spilled Apple juice on her computer (relax, it was an HP :p), but didn't care to clean it up. Her computer started blue-screening all the time, but she didn't realize it was from the juice. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time diagnosing software before I realized that Juice isn't XP certified. :) Many hours, and about 1/2 of a bottle of isopropyl alcohol, later the machine was back up and running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.