Stop the racism

Discussion in 'iPad' started by londoner888, Mar 7, 2011.

1. londoner888 macrumors regular

londoner888

I remember prior to the release of the iP4, there was heavy debate over black versus white. Now it seems the debate has been resurrected with the iPad 2.

But what's with the black fans putting down the white fans.

I'm for sure getting a white one come the 25th as I've always wanted the ip4 in White. Also, iPad 1 comes in black and I feel the white just looks fresher and more updated if that makes sense.

I still love the look of the black one however and don't have a bad word to say about it.

But what's with all the racism from the black fans towards white :D
    I've heard people throw up "White is tacky", so does that mean MacBooks are tacky?
    "White is feminine", how so? White is the new black.:p
    "White will discolour or get dirty easier", never had these issues with my White 3G or 3GS, and with the White bezel being under a glass panel on the iPad these assumptions are incorrect.
    "White is just a fad and will go out of fashion", Apple products have always come in White, from as early as the Apple IIGS up to the iPhones and MacBooks, so again, another Baseless claim.

The iPad 2 will be awesome in either black or white so let's stop with the racist white bashing eh :D

Roll on March 25th!!!
    Or the 11th for u lucky buggers across the Atlantic!:p

2. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

Well like my father always told me: "The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice"!

I think I want the black one.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Hardly qualifies as Racism ... people will always think the one they want is better

4. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Sounds like your father was a RIM fanboy ;)

In all seriousness, I really don't understand why anyone cares to debate something silly like the color of a bezel on an iPad. Get whatever color looks best to you, stop caring what other people think. All that matters is your own opinion since you are the one paying for it. You are acting like a child if you think anything else than what I just said.

5. Snaaake! macrumors member

you forgot "it dulls down the initial the 'pop' of the screen" or something along those lines. To the point where I bought and installed aftermarket white ip4 parts, only to undo it a month later because I just didn't feel like i enjoyed the screen as much. So I'll be going by that.

6. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

So true!

7. GP_1 macrumors regular

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

8. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

when we all had 3g or 3Gs iphone here was the break down of color to color
    11 white people had black iphones
    7 black people had white iphones
    1 white person had a white iphone
    0 black people had black iphones

theory
    black iphones show up better on white skin
    white iphones show up betteron black skin
    this way people can show off what they have.

I think its purely coincidence. but it was funny how the color thing broke out.

9. slicecom macrumors 68020

I agree. I remember when Apple claimed that the aluminum bezel on the PowerBooks was chosen because it's neutral, then they went to an all black bezel and claimed that it's "all screen". White pulls you out of the screen and constantly reminds you of what you're holding.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

WHITE POWER! No, I still can't forget the first episode of "Chappelle's Show."

I'm curious as to what I would've done for my iPhone 4 had the white one been available. I had no interest in the white iPhone 3G because with a black front and white back, it looked like an Othello game piece. It was fugly IMHO.

I think I'm gonna go for the white iPad 2. I'm still wondering whether it makes a difference reading -- in other words if the brighter color is distracting -- but I'm guessing it doesn't. I never had trouble reading my dad's old iMac G5, which was all white around it.

I think either way is fine. Part of me wishes the iPad had an interchangeable front so you could swap face plates like you can on a lot of cell phones. But I think Apple goes more for smallness, durability and "we didn't make that so we don't want you to have that!" At least the smart covers are a decent compromise for that.

11. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I wish I could have an all aluminum iPad. The top half of a Mac Book Air would be perfect. Snap that muga in half. Lol
    The Martin Luther king of iPads. :)

12. AppleKash macrumors 6502

AppleKash

I have a dream that we will one day live in a nation where our iPads will no longer be judged the color of their bezel......!

13. Lady Arwen macrumors member

Best reply ever.

14. camelsnot macrumors 6502

camelsnot

I'm just surprised Jobs mob finally figured out how to put white paint on an electronic device. Congrats... it only took a few years. :rolleyes:

That said.. I'll get a black one. The white one looks too dainty.

15. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; sv-se) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I do sense the OP's post should be read with a smile on one's face ;) My sarcasm detector went off at times.

16. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Sarcasm or not, the OP's title is inappropriate. There is enough real racism and other 'isms in the UK, USA, and other places around the planet that we don't need to create more--not in reality, sarcasm, parody, or otherwise.

17. elizabethjane macrumors member

elizabethjane

I'm getting a black ipad. why? because, other two apple products are black & I'm alittle OCD with matching. :)

18. ucfgrad93, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Ridiculous thread title.:rolleyes: