Stoping iPhoto from Launching

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illegalprelude, Aug 1, 2007.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Ok, How do I stop iPhoto from launching everytime I plug my iPhone in? I dont mind it when its my camera from my dock and I set on USB sync mode but everytime I plug my iPhone into my dock, damn iPhoto pops up too. lol help! :D

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

open the app called "image capture"

you can set the pref not to do it in that app.

3. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

hhmmm. I never even knew about this app but I cant set it to not do it with my iPhone but due indeed do it with my Sony Cam? cause atleast im not seeing that option

4. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

choose menu item "browse devices". it should say apple iphone at bottom of menu after it finds it. And I see a window with the iphone and some options.

5. MindBitesJ macrumors newbie

I had to go under Preferences for Image Capture...

There wasn't an option under the iPhone preferences that would disable it. So I had to go under Preferences for Image Capture and change the general "When a camera is connected open" option to "no application." This did the trick for stopping iPhoto from launching every time I docked (but now it won't launch when I dock my camera obviously).

6. chriswheat macrumors regular

The other way to do it is not to have anything in your Photo Roll on the iPhone. :)

7. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

Yeah I found this to be a happy medium. It would be nice though if from within iphoto or itunes there would be an option to not open iphoto when the iPhone is attached.