Stoping iPhoto from Launching

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Ok, How do I stop iPhoto from launching everytime I plug my iPhone in? I dont mind it when its my camera from my dock and I set on USB sync mode but everytime I plug my iPhone into my dock, damn iPhoto pops up too. lol help! :D

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Ok, How do I stop iPhoto from launching everytime I plug my iPhone in? I dont mind it when its my camera from my dock and I set on USB sync mode but everytime I plug my iPhone into my dock, damn iPhoto pops up too. lol help! :D
open the app called "image capture"

you can set the pref not to do it in that app.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
hhmmm. I never even knew about this app but I cant set it to not do it with my iPhone but due indeed do it with my Sony Cam? cause atleast im not seeing that option
choose menu item "browse devices". it should say apple iphone at bottom of menu after it finds it. And I see a window with the iphone and some options.

MindBitesJ

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2007
I had to go under Preferences for Image Capture...

There wasn't an option under the iPhone preferences that would disable it. So I had to go under Preferences for Image Capture and change the general "When a camera is connected open" option to "no application." This did the trick for stopping iPhoto from launching every time I docked (but now it won't launch when I dock my camera obviously).

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2003
In the Bowels of the Cosmos
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

MindBitesJ said:
There wasn't an option under the iPhone preferences that would disable it. So I had to go under Preferences for Image Capture and change the general "When a camera is connected open" option to "no application." This did the trick for stopping iPhoto from launching every time I docked (but now it won't launch when I dock my camera obviously).
Yeah I found this to be a happy medium. It would be nice though if from within iphoto or itunes there would be an option to not open iphoto when the iPhone is attached.