Stopped receiving iMessages on my iPad

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by rocknblogger, Mar 5, 2013.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

After jailbreaking my iPhone (actually I think it's more accurate to say, after restoring my iPhone) I've stopped receiving iMessages on my iPad.

I've checked and rechecked all settings and options. I've turned iMessage on and off. So far no luck.

I could swear that when iOS 6 first came out I was able to add my iPhone number to my iMessage app via settings. Am I imagining this or was this possible.

I love iMessage, I hate iMessage. When it works right it's great but it doesn't work right quite often. Any suggestions are welcome.

BTW, I get an error on my Mac now that says I can't log in at this time and to try later. This has been going on longer than before I restored my iPhone to jailbreak it. Can it be related?

2. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

When you jailbroke your iPad did you go back into the iPad's iCloud settings and signed back in?

4. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I didn't jailbreak my iPad, only my phone.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Well then your iPhone iCloud settings then?

6. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Yeah I tried all that. I've turned iMessage on and off, made sure to add the necessary email addresses etc.
    The one thing bugging me is that I though in iOS 6 you were able to add you're iPhone's phone number to your iPad so you could receive messages that were sent to your number as opposed to being sent to your email address. I don't know, I'm frustrated.