Stopping Classic from trying to launch...

hey_suburbia

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Classic tries to launch itself on startup, I don't have classic installed. I go to the System Preferences and to the classic icon, but the "Launch on Startup" tick box is checked and greyed out... How can I stop classic from launching.

Thank you.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
hey_suburbia said:
Classic tries to launch itself on startup, I don't have classic installed. I go to the System Preferences and to the classic icon, but the "Launch on Startup" tick box is checked and greyed out... How can I stop classic from launching.

Thank you.
hell it's been too long ago i can not remember ,but you have a point i too have no option to stop startup ??? how strange

Comment

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
The only thing I can think of would be that there needs to be a classic system folder available for you to be able to choose thoes options. If possible I'd install a classic enviroment and then see if you can change the option to start it at login. Once you've unchecked start at login you could then remove the classic enviroment.

Comment

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Norouzi said:
The only thing I can think of would be that there needs to be a classic system folder available for you to be able to choose thoes options. If possible I'd install a classic enviroment and then see if you can change the option to start it at login. Once you've unchecked start at login you could then remove the classic enviroment.
SPOT ON i just finished installing os 9 support as i did not have it on there!! been doing my head in that one :rolleyes:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.