Stopping iTunes from checking for iOS 7.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by johnrs, Jul 1, 2014.

1. johnrs macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Just wondered if its possible to stop iTunes from checking for a new iOS 7.1.2.

My issues is with Apple Configurator wanting to apply iOS 7.1.2 and at the moment I dont want to do this. Each time Apple Configurator is checking and downloading 7.1.2. How can I stop this check so it wont check and update

Thanks
    JS

2. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Configurator requires the latest signed iOS version just like iTunes. When you connect a device that is not on the latest version, configurator must update it. If you use a web filter, you can try blocking the update path, but that will likely render your configurator stations useless as they will not configure unless they have the latest signed version.

I believe there is an option to block OTA updates on the device within configurator, but if you are physically connecting them to the station, I think you might be out of luck.

3. MEscuderoN macrumors newbie

how can i configure the apple configurator to download the ios update just one time?, because every time i physically connect the ipad to the station, the download process starts again.

4. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Download the IPSW in iTunes. It will download to /Library/iTunes/iPad Software Updates. Copy the 7.1.2 IPSW to /Library/Containers/com.apple.configurator/Data/Library/caches/com.apple.configurator/Firmware.

Exit and restart configurator. It should no longer attempt to download the IPSW and instead should just begin extracting.