Stopping MP4 files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DogCatMSMac, Dec 11, 2014.

1. DogCatMSMac macrumors member

DogCatMSMac

I recently started using a Mac with Parallels. In order to be able to surf the web safer I only use the Mac side. A problem I'm having is that one newspaper I read has a mp4 screen that immediately goes off whenever it is seen on the screen. With Mozilla on Windows I had a FlashBlocker but since the Mac doesn't use Flash there is no blocking it either with Safari or Mozilla. The most I can do is to tell such things to download and then deny the download. Is there any way to stop this? From what I've read here using a Mac with Safari or Mozilla is by no means a way to ensure that wacky things don't get into your browser. Is the wackiness contained more to the browser with the Mac as opposed to Windows where it gets into the whole system?

2. DogCatMSMac thread starter macrumors member

DogCatMSMac

I guess the answer is you can't. This is enough to drive me back to the Windows side of browsing. Every time the frame come into view on the page this news report starts blaring or I have to say no to downloading. Here's a business opportunity for someone- create the first Quicktime or mp4 or whatever is auto-starting Blocker.

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I use a Safari plugin called Click2Flash that blocks flash and html5 content from running unless I click on it. Just check the Safari adding available.

4. DogCatMSMac thread starter macrumors member

DogCatMSMac

Unfortunately even with AdBlocker Plus for Safari and the two Click to apps from above some sort of audio feed is still getting through. I've got an e-mail into the newspaper to see what is going on. Woof Woof