Stopping Time Machine Notifications?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HappyDude20, Sep 28, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I get a pop up notification from Time Machine like every 10 days telling me I haven't updated.

Truth is i'd love to update but my external 160GB is full from all the previous Time Machine backups that it currently says I can't back up until I delete stuff from my external Time Machine.

(Unless there's a solution to what I just mentioned...) ...I'd love to backup with Time Machine only once a month; currently what i'm doing is erasing my external 160GB HD using Disk Utility and will then backup using Time Machine, but only plan on doing so once a month...so how woud I be able to stop those Time Machine notifications allowing me to backup at my leisure without a pop-up hassling me?

:rolleyes::D;):rolleyes::D;):rolleyes::D;):rolleyes::D;):rolleyes::D;)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Turn off time machine. Backups from previous times saved, notifications gone.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

wow, i feel pretty stupid now. .. . I tried messing with the preferances and all I needed to do was click the on/off switch.

Thanks!

4. Kirkafur macrumors member

5. pumany macrumors newbie

What if you want to change the frequency of the notifications, without actually turning Time Machine off?

6. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

I have this problem too.

I backup to 2 different drives from the same machine. 1 drive is permanently connected and I manually connect the other drive monthly for additional off-site backups. However since this 2nd drive is only connected monthly Time Machine keeps reminding that it hasn't backed up to that drive for X days.

I'd love to be able to turn that off.