Stops sales

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by diipii, Feb 1, 2016.

1. diipii macrumors 6502a

I am beginning to think MR and other sites like it actually prevent Apple selling computers. For instance I watch the buyers guide and it stopped me buying a Mac Mini. I should have but I learned to wait for the new model and missed out. Now I am waiting for the new Mac Pro and I am wondering if this is a wise move. MR tells me there is a new one anytime soon and that will be the model I really want. The upshot is my cash is still in my wallet, has been for the last 2 years at least. Plus I see so much concentration on phones, pads, pods, watches etc etc that I am now seriously coming round to the idea that my new computer for video and photography will be a PC. I could afford a really high end machine and the new software and still be under the price of a Mac Pro.

2. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

Apple wouldn't care less if some website's guide lost them a handful of sales.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Stopped or deferred?

The site is used to help the consumer to make the best educated decision for their needs. In some cases that means holding off on a purchase.

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

It's Apple's infrequent updates you should blame for costing them sales, not MacRumors. The Mac mini and Mac Pro are badly in need of an update, and MacRumors only makes people aware of that.

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

For every time MR advises someone to hold off on buying because a product cycle is old, there's just as good a chance someone buys because MR points out when a refresh is recent. I suspect you might be reading too much into it.

6. mac daddy macrumors newbie

mac daddy

Exactly this. When consumers openly wonder whether Apple is letting two of its three desktop lines die on the vine due to neglect, it can't be blamed on a website buyer's guide.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

And the inverse is true, those that decide to buy it, regardless of the signs pointing of an impending release. They then create a thread complaining about how could apple knowingly sell old technology when they're about to release a newer model.