Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I have an Apple Watch 5, with watch OS 6, and it looks like the (stock) stopwatch app is missing. I don't see it on the watch, nor when I look at the apps that show up in my Watch App on my phone. I can't imagine that Apple removed the app. Any ideas on what might have happened, or how I might get it back?

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

I must have somehow deleted the app, and it doesn't show up if you do a search for 'stopwatch' from the App Store link in the iPhone watch app. On the Apple Watch App Store, if you do the same search, it's like the 50th item down. I gave up after not seeing it and it turns out I needed to continue to scroll (and scroll and scroll...)

Reactions: PrettyWings

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
What happens if you tell Siri, "Show stopwatch"?

On my Series 5, it brings up the stopwatch counter. Tapping that yields the stop/start controls.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
What happens if you tell Siri, "Show stopwatch"?

On my Series 5, it brings up the stopwatch counter. Tapping that yields the stop/start controls.

Good thought. I'm not sure what would happen in that scenario, but I found and was able to reinstall the app, so I can't test it. I'll keep that in mind if something like this happens again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.