storage almost full and warm to touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by satinsilverem2, Sep 22, 2015.

1. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502

satinsilverem2

okay so for the past couple of days my phone has been severely lagging from time to time and in the past 24 hours ive gone from 26gb of free space to 3.5gb. In iTunes its showing 26.6GB of "Other" being used and on the phone its not listing anything thats taking up that amount of space. Also the device has gotten extremely warm over the past couple of hours. What is going on? Its an iPhone 6 Plus 64GB running iOS 9.1 PB. Im thinking of restoring it but I don't want to loose all of my health data from the past 6 months but I'm thinking that I may have no choice.

2. Lil13Ee macrumors newbie

When I "Upgraded" to iOS 9, my touch ID stopped working, my phone gets ridiculously hot, and my battery drains soooo quick. Literally can not hold a full charge overnight on standby.

3. Lil13Ee macrumors newbie

Forgot to mention, I have an apple appointment this thursday so hopefully they'll do something for me as it seems to be an apple related issue even though my warranty ran out 3 days ago!

4. iNinja08 macrumors regular

iNinja08

My Wife's previous iPad had about 8GB of "Other" space which caused the iPad to prematurely run out of space (16gb ipad). There are a few Apple forums talking about this. Sometimes relating to metadata from media files. Ultimately I had to restore the device in order to get rid of the "Other" used space. Well before IOS9.

5. satinsilverem2 thread starter macrumors 6502

satinsilverem2

I ended up doing a DFU restore and starting completely over from scratch, something that I haven't done since my iPhone 4S back in 2011. Its running so much smoother and all of the iOS 9 lag is gone and its running cool as a cucumber again.