Storage Display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pops68, Aug 25, 2016.

1. pops68 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

So today, after some months I decided to check my storage via, About This Mac > Storage

I was surprised to see that both my drives were only displaying 'Other', please see attached screen print, when in actual fact, I know my set up is as follows:

Main drive (OWC SSD) 240gb > Applications only
    Secondary HHD (Original HHD shipped with MBP) - Photos, Videos, Documents etc

So I was expecting the displays to show the above information correctly.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what may have caused this and having searched the World Wide Web, I am unable to find the solution, to my issue(s).

I would be eternally grateful if someone can point me into the right direction to how I can resolve my issue(s).

Any help will be more than appreciated. I own an early 2011 MBP.

Attached Files:

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

Looks like the volumes are excluded in Spotlight preferences, which means it can't index and so just calls everything "Other".

Go to System Preferences -> Spotlight -> Privacy-tab. Remove the volumes there.

3. pops68 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers JTToft, but no luck. I navigated to where you suggested but it is totally blank.

I am attaching a screen print.

Attached Files:

4. JTToft macrumors 68040

- That's odd then. Try adding the volumes and removing them again to force a re-index.

5. pops68 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, no luck with that solution either, me think its time to do a clean install.

Thanks for your help
    --- Post Merged, Aug 26, 2016 ---
    JTToft, solved it. Apparently my Spotlight server was disabled. once I had re-enabled it voila, its showing the correct volumes.

Thank for your help.