iPhone Storage problems on iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Hashim09, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Hashim09, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013

Hashim09 macrumors newbie

Mar 27, 2013
    Hi so I have a Verizon iPhone 5 16gb that is jailbroken. So I have iFile, Appcake, Safari Download Manager and AppSync in order to download IPA and DEB files and install them directly to my iPhone. So I download this big IPA file, which was about 1.4gb, I open it up on iFile in order to open it up into Appcake (I downloaded it in safari because Appcake didn't have any working links at the moment). When I pressed the IPA file it would give me choice to open it on Appcake but Appcake would not start the installation. I keep going back to iFile trying but then all of a sudden, I have 0gb left. I just had about 200 bytes of memory left. I had to go delete most of my apps but I still am missing about 5-6 gigabytes of memory which is really valuable with the fact that my phone is now running low on memory and I need my gigs back. Please help (sorry for the super long post. I don't know how to make things short.) p.s. thanks if you took the time to read and help me out
  2. Hashim09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 27, 2013
    Nevermind. I found out that all that wasted space was hidden in /var/spool/mdt
    I was going through iFile and notices a folder with a lot of GB's so I checked it out and found 6 IPA's all 1.4gb each. I put the solution up here for anyone who has this problem too
  3. Hashim09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 27, 2013
    You know what. Never mind. I did not fix it. I still have missing GB's after deleting those files. Please I need help. I might restore my phone if everything fails. But please help

Lol never mind again. I was right the whole time but I forgot to empty my trash for iFile. Thank you
  4. regkilla macrumors 6502

Mar 19, 2013
    Use iCleaner to get rid of unnecessary files on your iPhone 5.