iPhone 7(+) Storage question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by randy.massoglia, Oct 2, 2018.

1. randy.massoglia macrumors member

I currently have a 7+ 128 Gb. When I go to iPhone storage it says. 22GB Of 128 GB used. Question is, would a 64GB be the right option? I’ve had the phone for 2 complete years.

Thanks in advance.

2. Caspavio macrumors regular

Caspavio

if you are not expecting any change in your usage habits, e.g. importing lossless music, shoot a lot of 4k videos, etc, then 64gb will be more than enough. in the worse case scenario, there is always the cloud.

3. randy.massoglia thread starter macrumors member

I know I should know this question. But how do I do that? Ultilize the cloud? All my music is Apple Music via subscription.

4. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

I’d say you should be good with the 64gb. Save you some money.

5. jenag145 macrumors regular

I agree the 64 is plenty! I had a 128 and only used less than 24 GB

6. now i see it macrumors 68040

I have a 64 GB phone and typically have about 20GB free (the last 3 years). I don't like to hoard thousands of pictures on my phone. I toss them after a while. The camera roll gets too unwieldy with thousands of photos. I also don't like keeping videos forever either. Usually toss them after some time.

But there have been several times where I've run out of room during video projects (not 4K) and I can't store any movies locally on my phone.

My next iPhone I'll get with 256GB storage even though I won't need it 95% if the time.

7. randy.massoglia thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2018 ---
    I really don’t hoot that many videos.

8. Docd62 macrumors regular

A lot has to depend of how you use your phone. Do you travel and want to have movies or music on your phone to watch then 64gb may not be enough to store many movies and or music. Also when I travel I may not have access to the cloud so it’s nice to have the space for storage until I get home. But if you don’t do things like that then 64gb could be plenty. Apple and the cloud has come a long way in optimizing space use so the bigger storage is not as important as it use to be for some.

9. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I’m on 64GB and have managed to fill in about 34GB so far with storage optimisation and auto backup turned on.

10. randy.massoglia thread starter macrumors member

No movies on my phone

11. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I have a 16GB 5S and I am upgrading to an XS Max 256. I prefer more storage because of 4k videos and file sizes being a lot larger than past.

12. Mr.Scarface macrumors regular

More the better. Recording in high resolution.

13. VantaNoir macrumors member

VantaNoir

That will depend on how much files you plan on storing. If it gets filled up more often, try upgrading to the next tier. If not, you can always free up space by transfering files to your laptop/desktop.