Storage/usage stats wrong

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whsbuss, Oct 27, 2015.

1. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I can't understand why in General->Storage I see usage that does not add up. Look at the pic below - it no way shows 11GB being used. I did a reboot and it still is the same.

Attached Files:

2. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

That is weird. Its probably hidden cache files. Try restoring and setting up from an iCloud backup.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

As the poster above stated - It is definitely hidden caches. Try downloading Battery Doctor and running the Junk cleaner, or download PhoneClean on your computer.

4. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Battery Doctor did not find any cache junk files. PhoneClean requires paying

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

PhoneClean has a free version available. And how many times did you run battery doctor - you need to run it 3-4 times.

6. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Well PhoneClean that I just downloaded does not delete app cache files in iOS 9 and I ran battery doctor 10 times and nothing was deleted.

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Nothing deletes app cache after iOS 8.3. Cleaning apps don't have access to apps anymore. The only way to fully delete app cache is delete the app and redownload it. But your problem isn't app cache, its iOS system cache. App cache would be accounted for in the populated list of apps and storage, iOS cache would not be accounted for, which is your problem. Your missing space that is not accounted for. So its iOS related, not app related.

8. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Actually its Apple Music cache. I used iExplorer and deleted 7.3GB from the CloudAssest folder. I sent an enhancement request to Apple to provide a clear cache option. The only other way is to turn off/on the iCloud Music Library. That's a crap shoot.