Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I can't understand why in General->Storage I see usage that does not add up. Look at the pic below - it no way shows 11GB being used. I did a reboot and it still is the same.

Attachments

• IMG_0531.PNG
    IMG_0531.PNG
    120.8 KB · Views: 112

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
As the poster above stated - It is definitely hidden caches. Try downloading Battery Doctor and running the Junk cleaner, or download PhoneClean on your computer.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
As the poster above stated - It is definitely hidden caches. Try downloading Battery Doctor and running the Junk cleaner, or download PhoneClean on your computer.

Battery Doctor did not find any cache junk files. PhoneClean requires paying

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
PhoneClean has a free version available. And how many times did you run battery doctor - you need to run it 3-4 times.

Well PhoneClean that I just downloaded does not delete app cache files in iOS 9 and I ran battery doctor 10 times and nothing was deleted.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Well PhoneClean that I just downloaded does not delete app cache files in iOS 9 and I ran battery doctor 10 times and nothing was deleted.
Nothing deletes app cache after iOS 8.3. Cleaning apps don't have access to apps anymore. The only way to fully delete app cache is delete the app and redownload it. But your problem isn't app cache, its iOS system cache. App cache would be accounted for in the populated list of apps and storage, iOS cache would not be accounted for, which is your problem. Your missing space that is not accounted for. So its iOS related, not app related.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Nothing deletes app cache after iOS 8.3. Cleaning apps don't have access to apps anymore. The only way to fully delete app cache is delete the app and redownload it. But your problem isn't app cache, its iOS system cache. App cache would be accounted for in the populated list of apps and storage, iOS cache would not be accounted for, which is your problem. Your missing space that is not accounted for. So its iOS related, not app related.

Actually its Apple Music cache. I used iExplorer and deleted 7.3GB from the CloudAssest folder. I sent an enhancement request to Apple to provide a clear cache option. The only other way is to turn off/on the iCloud Music Library. That's a crap shoot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.