Storage

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Zheray94, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Zheray94 macrumors newbie

With the average amount of space an app would take increasing does anybody see Apple phasing out 16gig models within the next few years? I think its plausible, just like with the 8gig, and presenting something around 100gig or so, probably under.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I considered this when the ipad3 came out...I was convinced we would see a 128GB model....We didn't. If the rumours surrounding the iMac being base 8GB RAM prove to be true, it would make sense for Apple to drop the 16GB ipads and start at 32GB.

That's not the case with the phone though....A lot of people use the iphone purely as a communication device, just taking the odd picture etc. 16GB is ample for that.

I've always bought top end when it comes to storage...And if the Ipad4 or whatever they call it has a 128GB option, I'm there. I can fill 64GB very easily...Probably because I'm lazy at data management...:)

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

With more and more universal apps being released and the power of the new chips being able to handle that much more, apps are growing in size fairly quickly.

It used to be the odd app that was over 500MB, but now I have a bunch and the majority of my apps are over 100MB.

Even those who use their iPhone for the bare basics will soon be struggling to keep it under 16GB.

4. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Whilst in the early days universal apps were a good idea, now they just hog space. A universal app you run on the phone will have the large overhead of iPad 3 graphics you'll never use and are just a waste. I think the model needs to change. Create a version for each device, let the customer buy one version, then let them download the other version FOC. Then each version doesn't have the overhead.