iPod Storage

ROADDOG01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
I just got a new ipad mini with retina screen I was wondering if if this is normal I only have 2 songs 43 photos and 39 apps on a 16 gig ipad and it says I only have 6 gig left seems like I should have more storage than this left over. Sorry I meant to put this on the ipad not ipod

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I just got a new ipad mini with retina screen I was wondering if if this is normal I only have 2 songs 43 photos and 39 apps on a 16 gig ipad and it says I only have 6 gig left seems like I should have more storage than this left over. Sorry I meant to put this on the ipad not ipod
How large are the apps? There are some apps that are over a GB each. App size is one of the reasons I suggest that people seriously consider the 32GB models instead of the 16GB models.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Remember, to start with on a 16GB iPad Mini or any device with 16GB, you only have about 12.8GB of space to start with.

You having 6GB left sounds about right.

Chrisp1954

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2014
Storage

I have 3 emails accounts on my ipad. All mail has been deleted, but when I go into general, usage it still shows 1.2gb being used ???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.