Store exchange need help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alphaod, Dec 6, 2008.

1. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I bought a MacBook Pro last week and yesterday I bought a LED display. Now I bought the AppleCare as well and now I have AppleCare auto enrolled on both the computer and display. However I wish to go and exchange the display because of some defects—how does the AppleCare transfer, or do I have to go through a mess and cancel everything.

I'd call them, but they're not open right now.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

They will probably do it for you, should you bring it in to the store and have them exchange it on site. If they give you a new display, ask them to transfer it over. If they want to take it in for repair or something, ask them the same thing.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

In order for the display to be covered under AC, it needs to be purchased on the same invoice. Go to the AS and ask for them to refund both purchases and re-do on one receipt.

4. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

They refunded my old agreement and gave me a new one. Then they spent about 30 minutes inputting serial numbers and doing managerial authorizations.

rdowns, my old agreement already had my MBP and display—was just wondering how they would transfer...

Thanks guys!